Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.
Welcome to our continuing 2020-21 Interlude Season.
We are keeping both you and our international guest artists carefully in mind during this profoundly challenging year for the entire globe. I am grateful to the Houston Early Music board for the conviction to uphold our mission as a presenter of historically informed performances of great works from between the Medieval through Classical periods: From 800 to 1800!
In lieu of live concerts this year, a monthly series called Discovery Presentations was set into motion in October:
1. Through "Small Experiments with Radical Intent," the organization is exploring cutting-edge tools and formats for bringing you the best online listening experiences of Early Music during our pandemic situation. And we look ahead to what we might be able to bring you, hopefully, in the not so distant live-performance future.
2. Working with our roster of your favorite international artists and ensembles, innovative modalities of performance delivery are collaboratively being created for each offering. These opportunities enable Houston Early Music to discover further new ways of presenting and co-presenting more compelling and valuable concert experiences.
3. In service to Texas, we continue to build our online Early Music Information HUB, bringing you the latest Early Music news from all parts of our Great State.
4. Please sign up for our newsletter and be well informed of the latest Discovery Presentations as they unfold throughout our season.
5. Join us and be a part of our journey, shaping the future of Houston Early Music and the seasons ahead!
In Deep Gratitude,
Executive & Artistic Director
Houston Early Music